Friday, February 26, 2010

Chocolate Bread

Hi, my name is Jenni and I am a chocoholic. Mentally, I can hear the rest of you saying "Hi, Jenni." I suspect a majority of Americans, perhaps humans world-wide, are also chocoholics whether they admit it or not. I have no intention of ever becoming a 'recovering' chocoholic why the heck would I ever want to recover from chocolaty goodness. Besides, there are plenty of studies out there indicating that chocolate has several beneficial health effects. Oh yeah, I am going to cling to that concept as long as possible.

So for all those chocoholics out there trying to feed their addiction on a daily basis, what could be more wonderful than Chocolate Bread. It makes wonderful toast and is divine for making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Your kid can be the envy of everyone in school when he breaks out his brown bag lunch.

I found this recipe in an issue of Cooking Light Magazine roughly 14 years ago. All I did at the time was tear the page out of the magazine so I have no idea which issue, only that it was on page 136 and that the article appears to have been written by Ann Taylor, a Cooking Light copy editor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cooking Light's Chocolate Bread

1 cup Warm Water
1 Large Egg
1 tbs Butter, softened
1 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Sugar
1 tbs Flax Seed Meal (optional - I add this to all my bread recipes)
3 cups Bread Flour
1/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa
4 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tsp Bread Machine Yeast

Place ingredients in order listed into the bread machine baking pan. Bake using a Sweet Bread baking cycle.

Do not use with timer setting as the egg will not keep well at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment