Saturday, February 27, 2010

Zucchini Cheese Casserole

I always have a dilemma of what to do with all of the zucchini I harvest from my garden every year. Usually I end up blanching, shredding, and freezing a good portion of it for bread making later in the year. My husband loves zucchini bread but, to be honest, I am getting a little tired of it. So, after perusing my mom's recipe box and reviewing some online recipe sites, I decided to experiment and came up with the recipe below.

There are quite literally hundreds of similar casserole recipes on the internet and I am not making any unique claims to this one. It went over very well with my family the first time I made it. Hopefully, it will go over well with yours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zucchini Cheese Casserole

4 cups Zucchini, grated
1 lb Ground Meat (Venison, Beef, Turkey, Chicken, Buffalo, Duck, or Goose)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper, ground
3 Eggs, beaten
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1 cup Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesian Cheese, grated

Brown the meat in a skillet. Combine the zucchini, browned ground meat, onion, eggs, and cheddar cheese in a big bowl an mix well. Put in a well buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesian Cheese on top. Then sprinkle cracker crumbs on top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 F degrees. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment